When you use a Virtual Meeting Room (VMR), especially for webcasting its content you might want to manage the image displayed to webcast participant and VMR speakers.
Note : the following applies to hosts only (not available for VMR guests)
Connect to the web application
Direct connect (with a webcam/mic)
If the creator of the VMR didn't remove it, you should have, in the calendar invitation or anywhere the VMR information have been pasted the following URL
VMR offers several layout modes that are set at a VMR level and affects all the participants.
- 1:0 - Display only the last participant who spoke
- 1:7 - Display the last participant who spoke, with 7 more participants in small windows
- 1:21 - Display the last participant who spoke, with 21 more participants in small windows
- 1:33 - Display the last participant who spoke, with 33 more participants in small windows
- 2:21 - Display the last 2 participants who spoke, with 21 more participants in small windows
- 4:0 - Display the last 4 participants who spoke in windows of equal size
- 9:0 - Display the last 9 participants who spoke in windows of equal size
- 16:0 - Display the last 16 participants who spoke in windows of equal size
- 25:0 - Display the last 25 participants who spoke in windows of equal size
- AC - Display all participants with activated cameras using an AI layout manager
- Options :
- Backfill - As soon as you have participants on stage, only those on stage will be shown. If you activate backfill, it will still put the participants on stage in priority, but it will also show people that are not on stage, if there are empty spots in the selected Display layout.
- Names - Participants names will be shown on top of their camera.
- Selfview - Participants will see themselves in the chosen layout.
- Automute - New participants in the meeting will automatically be muted.
By default, the participants are in the Backstage list.
If you want to force a specific participants to be on screen, no matter if he talks or if the another participants talks, then you can drag their name in the On stage list or click on the star button next to their name.
If you want to put a single participant On Stage and remove everyone else from the stage, you can use the medal button.
You can also mute or unmute any participant using the microphone icon.
You have the option to search within the participants using the Search bar at the top.
If you want to see only participants who have raised their hands and want to speak, Click on the Hand Button.
Additional Participant Options
If you want to mute everyone except and unmute a single participant in one click, use the Solo Mode button.
If you want to transfer a single participant to another meeting, click on the Transfer button. You will see a pop-up, enter the meeting ID where you want the participant to be transferred and click on the start call button.
If you need to change the displayed name of the participant, click on the Rename button. You can then type the new name and click on the check to confirm the change.
If you add a participant by phone and you need to dial an extension, use the Open the Dialpad button.
A Dialpad will pop up, enter the numbers and then close the Dialpad.
If you need to remove a participant from the meeting for any reason, use the Disconnect button and they will automatically be removed.
Batch Participant Options
If you want to mute every connected participant, use the Mute all button.
If you want to connect a new participant using a video conferencing unit, use the Dial out via video conference button.
If you want to connect a new participant using a phone call, use the Dial out via phone button.
If you want to transfer all participants to another meeting, click on the Transfer all button. You will see a pop-up, enter the meeting ID where you want the participants to be transferred and click on the start call button.
If you want the participants to be able to chat, you can use the Enable chat button. If you want to disable the chat, just come back and click again on this button.
If you want to remove past chat message, use the Clear chat history button.
If you want to remove all participants from this meeting, use the Disconnect all button. You will be prompted to confirm you want to disconnect everyone, click on accept to finalize the operation.